only one miner is alive...a lot of misinformation, and the families are fighting...the only miner who made it is in critical condition and it looks like he will make it though...but 12 of the 13 are dead
only one miner is alive...a lot of misinformation, and the families are fighting...the only miner who made it is in critical condition and it looks like he will make it though...but 12 of the 13 are dead
"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
This truly was a sad turn of events. I have been up sick tonight and could not sleep, so I have watched this unfold. This truly goes to show how bad the media (in my opinion I think they are who is the most to blame here) can escalate something that may or may not be true.
Right now I would really like to slap Rita Cosby on MSNBC. She is placing all the blame on ICG, and the Governor for not reacting quickly enough. Yes, it is bad that they waited 2 hours, but at least they did wait to make sure of the entire facts instead of spouting off without the right information like had happened earlier.
Also she just turned said the ventilation curtain was a fan designed to pull out CO2, and methane when there are high levels. She is definetly a person who wants to place blame, and point fingers before waiting to see the full facts.
I cannot imagine what must be going through the minds of the families, and the roller coaster of emotions tonight. Of course they are showing repeatedly the woman, and her husband who say they are going to sue, and others who are extremely angry. I have only saw one interview of a lady (probably mid-20s) who was thinking logically, and not already pointing fingers.
My prayers do go out to these folks. It is a terribly tragic episode.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Unbelieveable that anyone let this happen. To bring these people such joy to destroy them later.
I can't even begin to imagine what these people have been put through.
From joy to despair and disbelief. I can't believe the company, media or who ever leaked such misinformation.
My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families and friends of the miners involved in the tradgedy.
"I may not have been the greatest president, but I've had the most fun eight years." Bill Clinton
You know what I don't understand....is how people can say they are Christians and praise God one minute, and then the very next yelling and cussing the mine officials in the church. And say that they are questioning if there is even a God at all, and when one of the church members who helped build the church asked the people to pray for the one miner who is alive, someone said "what has God done for us?" In my opinion that is what is wrong with this world today.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"I may not have been the greatest president, but I've had the most fun eight years." Bill Clinton
Well people are people, humans and humans have faults, so be they a church member or not, sometimes emotions get the best of them.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
Yes--in times of strife and difficulty, people are more likely to get emotional than rational and accept what's going on. Those same people who were praising God were doing so because of their elation over the miners supposedly being alive. When it was confirmed that they were all dead but one, it was a shock from one emotional state to a totally opposite emotion of anger and despair. People are only human and we're fickle, and it shows in extreme times such as this event.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
That happens, but the problem is anymore, the media is so big, instead of it being limited, it got out big time.
I remember when the South Mountain mining disaster happened, there the reports were positive once or twice only to end badly. We have such an aggressive media now, instead of it being limited, it gets shared with all, nearly immediately.
Very sad news. Has put me in a horrible mood for the day.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
I have a feeling the mine foreman is who let the cat out of the bag. I know they talked about I believe him, and/or the superintendent being related to one or two of the men who were trapped.
Although it was a long delay, I do appreciate the fact the ICG, and the governor waited to make sure they had the full facts before breaking the unfortunate news.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Bookmarks